Sunday, May 15, 2016

Magic Cookie Bars


So yummy and so easy.

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (I used two graham cracker pie crusts because that's what I had. lol.  )
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • 1 cups  semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup butterscotch chips
  • 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut (I used 3/4 cup sweetened coconut and 3/4 unsweetened)
  • 1 cup chopped nuts  (I used walnuts)

Instructions

  • HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. 
  • I melt butter in sauce pan on stove top, add cracker crumbs, and mix. This makes the crust firmer IMO.
  • COMBINE graham cracker crumbs and butter in small bowl (or as I do above). Press into bottom of prepared pan. Open sweetened milk can using a can opener. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture. Layer evenly with chocolate chips, coconut and nuts. Press down firmly with fork.
  • BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Loosen from sides of pan while still warm; cool on wire rack. Cut into bars or diamonds.

No comments: